The Hudson River Collegiate Baseball League is designed for local players who live within 3 hours from the field. Players have time to work, intern, take summer classes, and enjoy some time off in the summer. Now Offering Select Host Housing for Out of State Players.
24-30 regular season games including Championship: (Weather Permitting)
The top two or four teams will play each other in the Playoffs/Championship.
Teams typically play 4-5 games per week, at Hudson Greenport Park.
Rosters will be relatively small consisting of no more than 25 full time players.
The season runs from the last week of May through July, including the Championship Series.
All applications must be approved by the league. Typically, players with college eligibility, as well as graduating high school seniors are permitted to apply. Roster spots are very limited.
- Full uniform included –Home/Away Jerseys, Pants, Hats & Belt
- Great field with Pitcher’s Mound and plate tarps to ensure field is in good condition.
- Field Maintenance Team at field for every game. Fields are dragged and lined after every game including doubleheaders.
- Roster Size is 25 players.
- DH and EH means more at bats for hitters.
- Music & Sounds Effects like Minor League Baseball and PA announcer at every game. Walk up music for players.
- Full time head coaches.
- We are frequently scouted by College Coaches throughout the season. If an HRCBL player has a specific request for a college coach to visit the field to evaluate a player requests should be made through head coaches or league President.
- Games scored on Pointsteak and Stats available on the Website for College Coaches and players to view year round.
- Twitter. Live Tweets during games so College Coaches can see when player does something great during the summer season. Follow us @Hudsonrivercbl also on Instagram
- HRCBL Provides Equipment- Helmets, Bats, Pine Tar. This is a wood bat league. We provide the wood bats.
- Pitcher Care Station- upstairs in scorer’s booth which includes ice and wrap for pitchers after pitching.
- Two Batting Cages available the entire season for teams to take batting practice before games and throughout the season. Cages equipped with balls holders, L Screens and Batting Box Turf.
- New Baseballs for every game.
- Time to work, intern, or take classes. Schedule allows for approximately four days off a week with no baseball played. Normal schedule is team plays on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Then DH on Saturday and Sunday.
- Awards-HRCBL awards the top defensive player with a “Gold Glove” award, the player with the top batting average with the “Hit Man” award and the pitcher with the lowest ERA with the “Ace Award”. These awards are presented at the leagues Championship series. These awards are based on regular season results and eligibility. Playoffs and Championship stats do not count for consideration for receiving these awards. Awards presented at Championship Series.
- All Star Team-Players will be recognized during the Championship series for being selected to the HRCBL All Star Team. All Star selections are based on players meeting the minimum games/or appearances played and are based on regular season statics ONLY.
- Players are given raffle tickets which are the equivalent of their registration cost to sell. Players sell the raffle tickets and keep the cash. Players must return raffle ticket stubs to the league. HRCBL raffles off $1000.00 in cash prizes in between the Championship series games.
- 2020 League Fee: $699.00 if paid by check and $725.00 if paid by credit card. Payment plan available starting In September.
Payment plans available and plans start In September. Full payment is due on or before April 15th and payment plan must be followed if player is not paying in full at the time of registeration. To Guarentee your roster spot your $150.00 deposit must be received by the HRCBL within 10 days of registeration. The HRCBL has the right to replace a player on the roster if payments are not made in accordance with the payment plan schedule.